by NRA Blog Staff - Friday, April 21, 2017
The weather has finally steadied to mild spring temperatures and I can’t think of anything more enjoyable than being in the outdoors. Add a flaming grill, some bacon, and goose breasts and you’ve got yourself the perfect set-up for a spring meal.
So grab the family, play some games in the yard, and circle around the picnic table for these delicious bacon wrapped goose breasts.
Bacon Wrapped Goose Breasts
One-two large goose breasts
¼ cup brown sugar
1 lb. bacon
1. Check for pellets, trim fat and skin from goose breast and rinse off in the sink.
2. Cut breast into 3/4” cubes.
3. Place the cubed goose meat in a large bowl, add brown sugar, and then stir in teriyaki sauce. Make sure to add enough sauce to cover all of the meat completely.
4. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for six hours.
5. Submerge wood skewers in water for one hour to avoid burning. Cut bacon into thirds, wrap around marinated goose cube, and place on skewer.
6. Heat the grill to medium heat and place skewers on grill.
7. Rotate skewers as bacon cooks.
8. Once the bacon is cooked, generally about 10-15 minutes depending on heat, the goose will be cooked as well. Remove from skewers, plate, and enjoy!
Let us know how this dish turned out for you at @NRABlog or in the comments below!
Recipe and images courtesy/Scott Sprecher/Red West Outdoors