From the Michigan Department of Natural Resources - Latest Pure Michigan Hunt winners take home their prizes
Lansing, Michigan -
Bill Kring of Cadillac, Bruce Shaneour of Osseo and Frank Zrepskey of Algonac, the most recent winners of the Pure Michigan Hunt drawing, all came to the February Natural Resources Commission meeting in Lansing to take home their winnings.
Each won 2014 hunting licenses for elk, bear, antlerless deer and spring and fall turkey, as well as first choice at a managed waterfowl area on opening morning.
"I still can't believe it," said Bill Kring. "All I could think is, 'are you kidding me?'"
In addition to the hunting licenses, the Pure Michigan Hunt winners also received the ultimate hunting prize package, valued at more than $4,000 per winner. Many Michigan businesses and organizations were present to meet the winners and donate their prizes.
"With all the partnerships involved, it really is amazing," said Art Pelon of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
Winners received the following prizes donated by Michigan companies and organizations:
- Lifetime subscription and more - Michigan Outdoor News
- Camouflage pop-up blind - Ameristep in Clio
- 12 gauge camouflage shotgun - Michigan Chapter of Ducks Unlimited
- Predator crossbow package - Darton Archery in Hale
- 30.06 rifle and memberships - Michigan Gun Owners
- GoPro outdoor camera - St. Clair Flats Waterfowlers
- Quiver accessories - Kwikee Kwiver in Williamsburg
- Traps, DVDs, calls and more - Michigan Trappers and Predator Callers Association
- Turkey hunting gear - Michigan Chapter of National Wild Turkey Federation
- Herd monitoring kit - Michigan Chapter of Quality Deer Management Association
- $100 Cabela's gift card - Saginaw Field and Stream Club
- Made in the USA, quilt-lined Realtree Xtra jackets and bib overalls - Carhartt
- Gamehide vest and cap - Pheasants Forever
- Browning jacket and membership - Ruffed Grouse Society
- Waterfowl hunting gear - Michigan Duck Hunters Association
- Eberlestock team elk pack - Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Guided spring turkey hunt - East Lake Outfitters in Essexville
- Memberships - National and Mid-Michigan Chapter of Safari Club International
- Custom rear-window graphic - Steel Skinz Graphics in Howell
- Custom waterfowl mount - Trophy Room Taxidermy Studio
The 2014 drawing drew a total of 38,080 applications. Dollars generated from this opportunity fund wildlife habitat restoration and improvements in Michigan.
Applications for the 2015 Pure Michigan Hunt go on sale at retail license agents and online starting March 1. Hunters may purchase as many $5 Pure Michigan Hunt applications as they like. Visit www.michigan.gov/puremichiganhunt to purchase, or for more information.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr.