Trout cooking, elk hunting and Family Fun Zone wraps up the Great American Outdoor Show
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Country Rock superstar Brantley Gilbert closed the show last night at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center on day eight of the Great American Outdoor Show. Fans packed the large arena to see Academy of Country Music's New Vocalist of the Year bring his unique style and twang to Harrisburg.
"He, is, so, amazing," squealed Harrisburg local Jennie as her boyfriend rolled his eyes. "I can't believe he's here!"
And the excitement just keeps rolling.
As the final day of the show begins, here are six things you can look forward to on your Sunday sojourn.
- Real People, Real Hunting, Real Adventure - Known as "America's Favorite Hunting Couple®", Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo, take you on a world tour of real hunting adventures that bring you the truth of what really happens out there and loaded with tips to make you more successful in the field, no matter what hunt your going on.
- The Family Fun Zone - Trying to find a way to appease the little ones as you travel from one end of the Farm Show Complex to the other? Then put the Family Fun Zone on the to-do list.
Watch as their faces beam following a session of camo face painting, wildlife identification, magnetic fishing and more. Odds are they'll be ready and able to take on the rest of the day!
- Trout Cooking - You've caught that sucker and now you're going to cook it. But before you slap on a little butter and toss it on the grill, maybe you should hear how the experts do it?
Brent Blauch will be onsite at the Outfitter Hall Deer Processing Area along with Chef Virginia Lazo as Brent plans to go over proper handling and cleaning while Virginia whips up a white wine sauteed trout filet.
- Snakes of Pennsylvania - Jason Clark houses over 150 reptiles including dozens of alligators, crocodiles, caimans and venomous snakes from around the world. And he brought a few of those beauties here to the Great American Outdoor Show.
For those of you looking for insight regarding identification, first aid and how to avoid snake bites as well as ways to better safeguard your property against venomous infestations, then you need to be in the small arena today at 2:30pm.
- Elk Hunting 101 - As the owner of Fulldraw Outfitters, Fred Eichler is a man who knows a few things about finding success in the great outdoors. With 32 years of bowhunting under his belt, Eichler will be in Seminar Room 1 at 1:00pm to share his hunting tips and tactics as well as success percentages on private and public land.
- The Wall of Guns - This is your last chance to jump into the fun that is the Wall of Guns.
For a lousy twenty buck you can purchase a 1-in-100 chance to win the gun (or guns) of your dreams. If you've been saving up to get that special rifle, shotgun or pistol, this could be the shortcut you've been waiting for.
For more on the Great American Outdoor Show, visit their website at www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org