Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association raising funds for scholarships and outdoor programs
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -
The Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association (POWA) is sponsoring a sportsmen’s auction to benefit youth educational opportunities. All of the monies raised at the auction will be used to fund grants for groups and organizations that hold outdoor programs such as conservation camps, field days, fishing derbies, shooting events, public school nature programs and many, many more.
Additionally, POWA offers two $1000 scholarships at Penn State University and the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown for journalism majors who show an interest in communicating the outdoors.
To date, they have raised over $400,000 and every penny has gone to introducing young people to the outdoors. All auction items were donated by POWA members, outdoor industry members, show exhibitors and others interested in the outdoors.
Up for auction tomorrow (Sunday, February 9) in Seminar Room B is:
- Crosman's Benjamin .22 Caliber Air Rifle with 3-9x40 Scope
- Crosman's Nitro Venom Dusk .22 Caliber Rifle
- A one week small game hunting trip to the Le Domaine Shanon, Quebec
- A one week hunting trip with Searspoint, Maine's Midcoast Outfitters
- A pheasant hunting trip for two to the Martz' Gap View Hunting Preserve
- One-of-a-kind Oak Walking stick signed by Governor Corbertt and DCNR Secretary Ellen Ferretti
- Limited Edition Custom turkey call box call by the Rohm Brothers
- Autographed hats by Eva and Jim Schockey
- Summit tree stand harness
- Genuine Bison hair gloves
Those are just a few of the items up for grab at tomorrow's POWA Auction to Benefit Youth.
So if you'd like to have a hand in getting the kids off the couch and into the great outdoors, head on up to Seminar Room B tomorrow at 1. Find something you need, you like or you can afford to buy in the support of tomorrow's outdoorsman.
For more on the Great American Outdoor Show, visit their website at www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org