NRA Foundation Banquet, Spring Gobblers and Large Mouth Bass lined up for Friday in Harrisburg
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Time is running out on the Great American Outdoor Show.
Why is that? Because you only have three days left to find bargains, attend seminars and pick up the gear you'll need to take on the fields, streams, and mountains of these United States. So the question is ... what's the hold up?
"If history is lesson, we're going to see a sizable influx this weekend," said NRA Hunter Services Manager Bob Davis. "People are working during the week, watched the Super Bowl last weekend, or they like to wait until the last days. This is their final chance to take advantage of everything the show has to offer and they will take it."
In fact, twitter is streaming with excitement from visitors and vendors alike.
Once you arrive, here's the top five stops that should on your list for Friday, February 7.
- Cutting Edge Waterfowl Techniques - Fred Zink has been making custom goose and duck calls since 2001. Since then he's expanded the business to include decoys, a 24/7 DVD series and the launch of Avian-X TV on Pursuit Channel.
This is a man who knows his waterfowl.
If you'd like to hear his thoughts on scouting, blind concealment, decoy and calling strategies, then be in Seminar Room 2 at 11:00 on the dot.
- The NRA Foundation Banquet - Have you ever been to a Friends of NRA event? Well welcome to the super sized version.
A family-like gathering of Second Amendment supporters, the Foundation Banquet is your chance to share an evening of games, auctions and a stupendous meal with a few hundred friends. With a little bit of luck you may even find yourself winning a gun, buying an NRA dinner bell, or end up as the top bidder for a Charlie Daniels signed guitar.
So pack up the kids and call the neighbors ... doors to the PA Preferred Ballroom open at 6:00pm.
- Tidal Potomac River Largemouth Bass Patterns - The tidal Potomac River is one of the best largemouth bass fisheries in the country and is the finest tidal river fishery in the United States. If you're looking to figure out where they're hiding and how to put 'em in the boat, then come to the Hawg Tank at 1:00 to hear Ken Penrod — winner of National BASS “Man of the Year" and a member of the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame — tell you how to get it done.
- Getting Up-Close and Personal with Spring Gobblers - Matt Morrett has been chasing longbeards since the age of five. Since then, he's gone on to win Junior and Senior NWTF Grand National championships, five World Friction Championships, and
seven US Opens. The man knows his calls.
He also knows how to get into a gobbler state of mind. To find out exactly what that means and what it can do for you spring gobbler hunts, be at Seminar Room 2 at 12:30.
- NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshop - While NRA General Operations is running the show, it's NRA-ILA that takes care of the politics.
For those looking to stay on top of the latest legislative threats or get more involved in the process, join the ILA staff at 1:30 in Seminar Room 3.
For more on the Great American Outdoor Show, visit their website at www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org