Top activities to hit on the NRA convention's second day
Houston, Texas - So you've made it to the second day of the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits here in Houston. Did you have fun yesterday? Get ready for even more today.
Some of todays activities are brand new and some are running throughout the weekend. Once again, we've put together a list of things you should make sure to do today.
Here are the top seven things to do Saturday at the NRA Annual Meeting:
- The Annual Meeting of Members is one of the most important events at every NRA convention. (It's in the name.) Vote on official business with Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, General Operations Executive Director Kyle Weaver, NRA President David Keene and the rest of NRA's leadership.
- Venture to the second floor of the George R. Brown Convention Center to try your luck in the Wall of Guns raffle. Dozens of the latest firearms are beautifully displayed on a rustic case and one (or two) are given away each time we draw a winner. Drawings are made after 100 $20 tickets are sold and then it begins anew.
- The Gun Dog & Retriever Training: Basic Obedience for Future Field Dogs seminar features Cabela's Pro Staff John Amico and Jennifer Broome teaching hunting retriever training, basic obedience and selecting the right dog for your lifestyle and hunting needs. Seminar begins at 3 p.m. in room 351.
- Also starting at 3 p.m. is the popular Methods of Concealed Carry seminar. Join Tom Marx in an illustrated lecture and demonstration program, which is directed to both officers and civilians who carry handguns concealed during the course of their daily activities.
- Saturday brings a new lineup of book signings at 10:00 a.m. Major Dan Rooney, Katie Pavlich, Col. Oliver North and tonight's keynote speaker Glenn Beck will all be signing books and chatting up fans.
- Hit the NRA Store before there's nothing left. We may have arrived in Houston with hundreds of items and announced great sales, but we sure aren't leaving with them. From hats to jackets to glasses and rugs, it's all here - but not for long.
- Close the day with NRA's Stand and Fight Rally at 7:30 p.m. in the Convention Center. Full of inspiring speeches about the future's bright outlook, celebrate America's cherished freedoms with radio host Glenn Beck.