Top activities to hit on the NRA convention's first day
Houston, Texas - Once you've made your way through downtown Houston and into the George R. Brown Convention Center, you might feel overwhelmed with all there is to do.
We've packed this year's NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits with a ton of events and activities. Where should you go first? What should you make sure to see today?
Here are the top seven things to do Friday at the NRA Annual Meeting:
- Register. Easy to do, but also easy to forget once you're looking around. You can't do much inside this year's convention if haven't registered. Walk in the front door through the main entrance and the booth will be just ahead.
- Target shoot at the "Pyramyd Air" Air Gun Range. You're at the NRA convention, do we really need to explain this one? Celebrate your right to keep and bear arms by trying out the latest air rifle and air pistols on the convention center's third floor with the folks at Pyramyd. There's fun, there's room to rest your legs, there's no excuse for you not to go.
- Our seminar on Methods of Concealed Carry is one of the most popular events at Annual Meeting. Learn about hostler selection, proper clothing and even a little advice on how to get in shape for potential challenges. Friday's class starts at 2 p.m. in room 360.
- Head to the 2nd floor for book signings. This year's list of authors on Friday are; Ambassador John Bolton, Col. Oliver North, Rick Santorum and Judge Jeanine Pirro.
- The Advanced Sausage Processing, BBQ & Smoke Cooking Techniques seminar. Think you make a mean sausage? Become a pro, get to room 250 at 2:30 p.m. and learn from one of the best - Brad Lockwood.
- The Women's Leadership Forum. Hosted by co-chairs Susan LaPierre and Suzie Brewster, the event includes a silent auction, a live auction as well as special guest Sean Hannity. You must purchase a ticket to attend, but it's quite the experience.
- The Exhibit Hall. It's the biggest thing at the convention and pretty hard to miss. Featuring over 550 exhibitors and more than 440,000 square feet of space, you could probably spend the whole day here.