2013 Youth Ambassadors get a little bigger as a Texan joins the ranks
Fairfax, Virginia - Last week we told you there would soon be a new member of the 2013 Brownells/NRA National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassadors. Today, 19 year old Dillon Ward from Nacogdoches, Texas steps in as the new NRA representative to next year's class.
Together, the Youth Ambassadors will represent their organizations' involvement in the shooting sports by engaging with industry leaders at national events including SHOT Show and the NRA Annual Meetings.
Being a member of the program isn't without its benefits for the kids themselves. Over the course of the year they will meet shooting sports celebrities and receive various scholarships to help their continued learning and work to expand the shooting sports.
Joining Dillon are five of the previously named Ambassadors:
- Royal Rangers: Cris Herrera, 17 years old from Lafayette, Louisiana
- Boy Scouts of America: Maxson Boyd, 16 years old from Austin, Texas
- BSA’s Venturing: Ryan Mitchell, 20 years old from Grapevine, Texas
- USA Shooting: McKenna Dahl, 16 years old from Arlington, Washington
- National High School Rodeo Association: Dallas Beshears, 17 years old from Queens Creek, Arizona
The experiences these Ambassadors will take back to their organizations and communities are sure to help the future of the shooting sports as more youth are encouraged to try their aim at events held around the country.
If you'll be at SHOT Show this January in Las Vegas, Nevada or the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Houston, stop by and say "Hi." Otherwise, you can follow their journey right here on NRAblog as we take a closer look at the class of 2013.