NRA's Golden Bullseye Awards recognizes top firearms and gun related accessories released in 2011
NRA Publications announced the winners of the 10th Annual Golden Bullseye Awards. Handed out at every year at the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits, the Golden Bullseye recognizes the best in firearms, accessories and related
equipment. Each is a recently released product that has been tested by members of the magazines for reliability, innovation and value.
For American Rifleman, NRA’s 126-year-old flagship
- Rifle of the Year, Savage Model 111 Lightweight Hunter
- Shotgun of the Year, Stoeger Model 3500
- Handgun of the Year, Kimber Solo
- Tactical Gun of the Year, FNH-USA SCAR 17S
- Ammo Product of the Year, Winchester Elite Blind Side
- Optic of the Year, Leupold Mark 8 1.1-8X 24 mm CQBSS
- Accessory of the Year, LaserLyte Laser Trainer Target TLB-1.
For American Hunter, the world’s largest all-hunting magazine
- Rifle of the Year, Winchester Model 70 Safari Express
- Shotgun of the Year, Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting
- Ammo Product of the Year, Barnes VOR-TX
- Optic of the Year, Swarovski Z5 Riflescopes
- Gear of the Year, The Gun Tool by Real Avid
- Vehicle of the Year, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.
For Shooting Illustrated, NRA’s newsstand monthly
- Rifle of the Year, Barrett MRAD
- Shotgun of the Year, Kel-Tec KSG; Handgun of the Year, Smith & Wesson SD Series
- Ammo Product of the Year, Federal Premium Guard Dog
- Optic of the Year, Nikon M-223 Riflescopes
- Accessory of the Year, SureFire MAG5-60 High-Capacity Magazine.