Fairfax, Virginia -
During the Youth Education Summit, students have the opportunity to compete for up to $10,000 in college scholarships by excelling in the week’s activities of speeches and debates. This year 12 students were awarded End of Week Scholarships, compared to half that number in years past. This accomplishment goes to show how motivated the students of the 2011 Y.E.S. class were.
Students will also compete for up to $20,000 in scholarships, called the Grand Scholarship, now that they have returned home from Y.E.S. Each participant has eight months to develop a portfolio describing how he or she promoted NRA programs, such as the Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program, in the participant’s community.
The 2011 End of Week Scholarships recipients are:
- Daniel Wendt - Denham Springs, LA
- Justin-Ryan Abueg - San Ramon, CA
- Nainisha Chintalapudi - Cary, NC
- Sarah Cox - Southern Pines, NC
- Amanda Krpan - Alachua, FL
- Zelphia Peterson - Rosemount, MN
- Jarred Gillie - Houston, TX
- Brett Jackson - American Fork, UT
- Lucas Lowry - Shawnee, KS
- Ashley Olson - Shippensburg, PA
- Tyler Rea - Coppell, TX
- Kaley Read - Ridgecrest, CA