As promised, NRAblog's coverage of the 2010 SHOT Show continues. Thanks to Yamaha's Van Holmes for sharing the following:
HAVA Announces Raffle to Benefit American Veterans Founding Partners Donate Products to Raise Funds Starting at SHOT Show
Las Vegas, Nevada, January 18, 2010 – Honored American Veterans Afield (HAVA) launched its second annual raffle this week at the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT). Initially, tickets will be on sale directly from HAVA and from the founding partners’ respective SHOT Show booths with 100 percent of the proceeds going directly to HAVA and its efforts in supporting American Veterans.
“We greatly appreciate the support from our founding members who have made this raffle possible and thank them for their generous contributions,” said HAVA Chairman, Tom Taylor. “We’re anticipating a strong start, and we hope everyone at the SHOT Show will consider buying a ticket.”
The HAVA raffle prizes include the following:
- Grand Prize – Yamaha Grizzly 550 FI ATV EPS with an assortment of SureFire product ($12,000 approx. value).
- 1st Prize – Smith & Wesson M&P-15T Tactical Rifle with Leupold Mark 4 Riflescope and Crimson Trace MVF-515 Foregrip ($3,532 approx. value) along with a Smith & Wesson Elite Silver Shotgun ($2,380 approx. value).
- 2nd Prize – Leupold Gold Ring 10x42 Binocular ($899 approx. value).
- 3rd Prizes – Four Crimson Trace Laser Grips ($299-$479/each approx. value) along with a Hornady Ammo Assortment ($300 approx. value).
- 4th Prizes – 20 Surefire G2L Flashlights ($69/each approx. value).
Raffle tickets will continue to be available for purchase until the grand prize drawing is held on May 16, 2010, at The NRA Annual Meetings. Tickets are priced $20.00 each, three for $50.00, five for $80.00 or seven for $100.00. All proceeds of the raffle will go toward all HAVA sponsored veteran events including hunts and the annual National Family Day.
Through support from industry leaders, HAVA continues to grow, and in turn supports more disabled veterans. The ultimate goal is to increase their confidence and hope for the future by reconnecting with their love of the outdoors and the American traditions of hunting and firearms. Founding companies include: Smith & Wesson, Crimson Trace, Leupold, SureFire, Hornady, and Yamaha. HAVA is run by a committee of executives from these companies. Please visit the HAVA booth #L235 at SHOT for details.
HAVA aims to help the healing and re-integration of disabled U.S. combat veterans back into their lives as American civilians through participation in outdoor recreational events and activities – offering veterans a sense of joy and accomplishment and a permanent awareness that these activities are still possible despite disabling injuries. HAVA assists in the healing process through guided hunts, shooting competitions, and other outdoor activities. Learn more here